Fullerton Tool's founder, Morgan Arthur Curry, was the embodiment of what America represents. A place where a vision, hard work, and a life long commitment to reaching your dreams becomes a reality. Morgan was born on December 28, 1911 in Freeland, Michigan. He was the first child of Marlin and Rose (Leaman) Curry. After a childhood of arduous farm chores, Morgan vowed he would do whatever it took to get himself off the farm.
At the age of 17, he entered the University of Michigan and went on to achieve a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1932. To get through the U of M financially, Morgan waited on tables, swept floors, and washed dishes for four years. He was very determined because he wanted to be the first Curry to receive a college degree. Surprisingly, his journey to leave the farm began by buying a farm (acquired from a "Homestead" by the government) and acquiring a milk route in 1932. Morgan continued to operate his milk route for three years until 1935. During that time frame he also opened and closed a new tire dealership. Later in 1935, he joined the Prudential Life Insurance Company and worked there until 1940. During that time he received a "bronze merit award" from the company for obtaining $50,000 worth of new business. In 1940 Morgan left to operate a general insurance agency for two years.
In 1942 Curry entered into tool making by organizing the Research Tool Company (also sold under the names "Perma Cut" and "Wolverine Cutter") for the manufacture of cutting tools for manufacturing plants engaged in defense production. While head of this firm, he served on the Industrial Advisory Board in Washington D.C. and was recognized for his efforts by the federal government.
On July 7, 1947 Fullerton Tool Company itself was incorporated. The name was derived by Morgan while working in Detroit. Looking out the window he saw a street sign - Fullerton Street. The rest is history. At the 4,000 square foot facility on 522 South Hamilton Street in Saginaw, Michigan, the company produced a variety of high-quality standard and special cutters made from carbide and steel. The tools included rotary files, end mills, saws, drills, reamers, and later, complicated close tolerance and coolant through/coated carbide tools. The company eventually moved to its present facility at 121 Perry Street in 1957.
Morgan believed in family values and had his family in place to carry his business into the 21st century. He passed away at the age of 65 but the organization was put into good hands with Morgan L. Curry Jr. becoming CEO and President and Richard C. Curry becoming the Vice President. The commitment to family has continued to the third generation of family with Richard's son, Patrick Curry, becoming the organization's Executive Vice President and COO.
Now in the company's 66th year, Fullerton Tool employs over 120 people and has annual revenue of approximately $20 million. The company is recognized as a leader in precision-made tooling that is used in virtually all industries including the medical, aerospace, automotive and mold and die industries. Fullerton's tools are used where ever there is a difficult machining operation that requires quality tooling with quick on-time deliveries.
The family and company have a firm grip on the future. Fullerton Tool continues to invest in new equipment, expansion and tool development while examining and planning for the future of cutting tools and manufacturing.